Written by Tana Carpenter. Posted in Domestic Violence and Law

There are specific options for immigrants, refugees and asylum seekers who are victims of crimes in the US. Even if you are undocumented, you may have options as a victim of a crime. You may be able to do what is called a Self-Petition to stay in the country, you may be able to seek a U Visa or a T Visa. In some cases, you may be required to assist a prosecutor in a case against the person who hurt you. You can seek a self-petition, U Visa and T Visa without your abuser’s permission. This legal information brochure is also available in 8 languages. To see this information in other languages and for more details about your options, go to: .