Relocation and Safety Assistance
Relocation and Safety Assistance for Survivors
ODVN’s Relocation and Safety Assistance program provides financial assistance to survivors of intimate partner violence, sexual violence, and stalking in order to meet their relocation needs. Survivors must be referred to, and assisted by, a local domestic violence program advocate and must meet eligibility requirements. Survivors must be relocating for safety reasons. This program works with local VOCA funded agencies to provide services to survivors. Survivors should start with their local program to assist with the application process and ensure that the paperwork is submitted correctly. ODVN does not generally provide direct assistance with the application process and will refer all survivors to their local program for assistance and advocacy.
The Relocation and Safety Assistance Program Can Help With:
- First month’s rent
- Security deposit
- Second and Third Month’s Rent
- Rent balance owed to housing authorities
- Assistance with lock changes and window/door repair for current residences
- Temporary boarding of pets
- Utility startup & back utility balances
- Transportation-related to relocation
- Documents needed to secure housing
- Storage unit costs
- Moving to an assisted living program
This is not an exhaustive list. For further information please contact your local advocate (to find your local shelter click here). Requests outside of rental assistance will be considered and processed through the Relocation and Safety Assistance application process.
Get in touch. Get involved.
1855 E Dublin-Granville Rd #301 Columbus, OH 43229