How You Can Sustain ODVN in the FutureThrough Planned Giving and/or Gifts by Beneficiary
Support services for safe and stable families for generations to come with a gift that costs nothing now. Leaving a gift to ODVN in your will or by beneficiary designation sustains domestic violence services for the future.
Ways You Can Give Through a Will or Trust:
- Leave a specific dollar amount to ODVN.
- Designate a percentage of your estate to be given through your will or living trust.
- Give only the remainder, or residue, of your estate, or that which remains after bequests to loved ones have been made.
The following is an example of suggested language to include in your will/trust:
“I give and bequeath to the Ohio Domestic Violence Network a not-for-profit corporation, with principal offices presently located at 1855 E. Dublin-Granville Rd Suite 301, Columbus OH 43229, the sum of, or _______% of my estate, to be used for the accomplishment of its general purpose (or for a specific purpose as indicated)”.
You may designate your bequest in two ways:
- For the general purposes of the ODVN (an unrestricted bequest)
- The Legal Legacy Fund (a restricted bequest) was started in 2021 to honor the retirement of ODVN’s Legal Assistance Director Nancy Grigsby and to ensure that legal services are available to domestic violence survivors in need. A leader who worked to serve the needs of all survivors, Nancy’s 41-year career was dedicated to the movement to end domestic violence.
The material presented on this website is intended as general educational information on the topics discussed herein and should not be interpreted as legal, financial, or tax advice. Please seek the specific advice of your tax advisor, attorney, and/or financial planner to discuss the application of these topics to your individual situation.
Gifts by Beneficiary
You don’t even need a will to leave a gift by beneficiary designation. Simply name “the Ohio Domestic Violence Network” as a beneficiary, or partial beneficiary, of any account such as: Retirement Accounts, Certificates of Deposit, Bank and Brokerage Accounts, and Life Insurance Policies
Three Simple Steps complete your gift by beneficiary designation:
- CONTACT your retirement plan administrator, bank, broker, or insurance company and request a beneficiary form. This form—not your will—determines how these assets are distributed.
- WRITE in “The Ohio Domestic Violence Network” as beneficiary [or partial beneficiary] using our federal tax identification number: 34-1622848 and current business address: 1855 E. Dublin-Granville Rd Suite 301, Columbus OH ` 1If the form asks for a date of birth, use our date of incorporation: November 1, 2016.
- SIGN THE FORM AND RETURN it to your plan administrator. Keep a copy for your records.
Please tell us about your gift!
Some people leave a legacy gift to ODVN without telling us. But we would welcome the chance to say thank you. And your gift can inspire others to make a similar gift to help ensure domestic violence services for the future. If you would like to let us know, please message our Executive Director Mary O’Doherty.
Get in touch. Get involved.
1855 E Dublin-Granville Rd #301 Columbus, OH 43229