Domestic Violence Advocacy Fundamentals (Day 3, Afternoon Session)
Please join us for this free, interactive webinar series!
Dates: Tuesday, June 15th, 2021, Tuesday, June 22nd, 2021 & Tuesday, June 29th, 2021
Time: 9:30 a.m.- 3:30 p.m. EST
This popular core training will provide foundational skills for advocates serving domestic violence survivors and their children. You’ll learn about:
• The history of the domestic violence movement
• How systemic racism, sexism, ableism, and other forms of discrimination create barriers to serving marginalized groups
• How diversity, equity, equality, and implicit bias affect the services you provide
• Ways to become more culturally responsive and inclusive
• The impact of batterers on family dynamics including life-generated and abuser-generated barriers
• The importance of a trauma-informed lens, survivor-defined advocacy, safety planning, and strategies for risk management
• Danger and lethality assessments, legal remedies, and the pros and cons of protection orders
• Ohio’s Crime Victim Compensation Program
Come with a desire to explore difficult topics, share with others, and leave with new knowledge to work effectively with survivors and children experiencing domestic violence.
ODVN Trainers: Alicia Williamson, Director of Training; Sonia Ferencik, Youth Advocacy and Trauma-Informed Services Coordinator; Nancy Grigsby, Legal Assistance Program Director; Glenn Harris, Assistant Director of Prevention; Tasha Jones, Project Coordinator, Legal Services Outreach; Bernadette Reiger, Legal Intake Coordinator; Denise Kontras, Training Coordinator; Nichole Meredith, Education Empowerment Specialist
Please Note: Before you register for this training, please be sure that you can attend all three dates, June 15, 22, & 29. No partial credit will be given. Also, this is a hybrid training that requires you to complete 12 hours of online learning in addition to the 12 hours of live webinars. After you’ve registered, you’ll receive a link to the online learning modules. All online learning should be completed by Monday, June 14, 2021, if possible.
CEUs: To obtain 12 CEUs, you are required to attend all sessions and complete all online learning courses. When you go to register, please include your complete license number if you are a licensed counselor or social worker in Ohio. Only participants who have completed both the 12 hours of online learning and the 12 hours of webinars will be eligible to receive 12 CEUs or a certificate of attendance.
Deadline to Register: June 11, 2021
American Sign Language interpreters will be available.
Upon registering, you should receive a confirmation email within 24 hours. If you have not, please contact us at [email protected].