LGBTQI Task Force
The Ohio Domestic Violence Network had other taskforces to address domestic violence within underserved or marginalized communities and realized that there was no intentionally focused response to address domestic violence within the LGBTQI communities. In the spring of 2010, ODVN and the Buckeye Region Anti-Violence Organization (BRAVO) partnered to convene the LGBTQI taskforce made up of community members, allies and DV advocates to decrease the barriers for LGBTQI survivors who are seeking services to address the violence in their lives.
- To provide information about domestic violence and sexual assault in LGBTQI communities
- To provide training to mainstream service providers and advocates about domestic violence and sexual assault in LGBTQI communities
- To increase the capacity of advocates and service providers to provide effective service to LGBTQI survivors
- To facilitate the networking process between taskforce members and appropriate agencies to form collaborative efforts to effectively serve LGBTQI survivors
Current Meeting & Caucus Updates:
- This task force will meet quarterly during 2011 in January, April, July and October