Information Juridique (French)


IMMIGRATION (Deaf or Hard of Hearing)

Written by Tana Carpenter. Posted in Domestic Violence and Law


There are specific options for immigrants, refugees, and asylum seekers (come from another country with or without passport) who are victims of crime. If you are a victim of crime and undocumented (stay in US without passport and green card) you may have options. Your abuser cannot stop you from applying to get papers to stay in the US.

These have different names and are called:

  • Self-petition to stay in US
  • U-Visa or T-Visa

To get these papers, you may need to help police or prosecutor in court case against the person who hurt you.

This legal information brochure is available in 8 different languages. To see this information in other languages and for more details about your options, go to: