CIVIL PROTECTION ORDERS (Deaf or hard of Hearing)

Written by Tana Carpenter. Posted in Domestic Violence and Law


As a victim of domestic violence, sexual violence, or stalking, you can ask for protection order to tell the abuser to stay away. You can get different kinds of protection orders depending on:

  • Relationship
    • Married, not married (straight or LGBT)
    • Family, friends, co-workers, neighbors
  • Ages of you and the abuser/stalker
  • Actions of the abuser/stalker
    • Follow you without permission
    • Bother you with VP calls/text/emails
    • Hurt you or threat to hurt you

If you are a teenager (13 to 17), you can get a protection order without your parent(s).  There is more information about Protection Orders and links to the forms to complete to seek different Protection Orders at



Find Us On Facebook